Friday, February 26, 2016

20 time and animation

20 time is when you take a certain amount of your time (about 20%) to work on a project that you want to do, whether it's to help improve something that already exists or for your own benefit to learn how to do something new. I really did not ask an essential question, instead I'm just planning to learn how to do something that I've been very interested in learning for quite awhile now. I have chosen to teach myself how to animate for my 20 project, the reason why I chose this was because of the fact that I've been wanting to learn how to animate for a few years now. My goal at the end of all of this is to be able to animate pretty well, with still room for improvement.  To see how I progress with this, I'll be posting what I manage to animate, and I'll be I guess evaluating how my animations are.

5 comments:

  1. I like how your project focuses on your individual passion and interest. I think animating would be a very useful skill and if it interests you, you should go for it. All I know is that animating can be time consuming, but is also very rewarding. What do you plan on animating and will you have a final product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now, I'm starting with smaller animations, and I will try to have a final product, but if I do, then it might probably just be the start of a bigger animation, unless I figure out quickly how to animate.

      Delete
  2. I think this idea is really neat, because its interesting to you and I think teaching it to yourself is even better. This topic seems to fit within your personality perfectly. besides grading yourself on these animations are you going to be asking others for ideas or tips on your progress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm definitely going to be asking others for ideas and tips.

      Delete
  3. I thought it was an interesting how you're choosing to animate for your project since it's a difficult yet practical skill. Before winter break, I remember you said something about how you wanted to design one of the animated cards and I was wondering if you were still going to make it part of your project?

    -Stacy Lin

    ReplyDelete