Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Monday Wellness Reflection

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1AWfvqZXcCQ4BJcPFZ089AUb5cEwVUycWvtihVHqKJVc/edit?usp=sharing
I chose this topic because when I was in PE, I loved the fact that we mostly did Cross Fit, and it made me have more confidence in myself after I completed whatever we happened to be doing that day. So I thought that it was a good idea to do Cross Fit as my topic, since I enjoyed actually doing the workouts. I would say that the interesting thing that I learned was that Coach Greg Glassman is the one that created Cross Fit and is the first person to ever define fitness in a meaningful and measurable way, "increased work capacity across broad time and modal domains." The topic of Cross Fit is important for health and wellness because it is meant to promote health and wellness of the body by promoting fitness through a fun way of exercise that you can do with your friends. Also the fact that it does work all the muscles of your body also adds to why it's important for health and wellness. Cross Fit also helps build social bonds with the people you workout together with. If I was to grade myself on a scale of 1 to 10, I sure wouldn't give myself a 10. I would honestly have to give myself a 4, since I didn't take charge of the project like I should of when I said that we should follow the advice that was suggested to us when we asked for a suggestion, I should have not let my voice be ignored by my partner, I should have made sure that we started the power point earlier, I should have made sure that we asked for a suggestion earlier and asked if our power point was on track for the assignment, and I should have made sure that we had met all of the requirements for this project. I know now of all the mistakes that I made for this assignment, but only wish now that I had known sooner, so I wouldn't be in the mess I am in now. I know full well that this probably made me look bad and to be honest, I didn't feel good about this at all, from the very beginning I felt like that I was only set up for failure with this assignment, nothing more, nothing less. Finding out my grade for the assignment didn't help the feeling I felt, it only made it worse and sent me spiraling down a dark path. Even thinking about what happened and why it did happened doesn't help with the situation at all, even after just accepting that all of this happened. All I know is that after all of my efforts to make the assignment happen and be a great presentation, the damage has already been done and I can't do anything to fix that damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment