Monday, May 9, 2016

20 Time Reflection

I decided to just try and create an animation of one of my characters that I've drawn before. The challenge for me was getting used to drawing digitally and teaching myself how to do some basic animations, and on top of that, finding a program that I could actually work with in making an animation actually work. The reason why I chose to do an animation for my project was because I've always loved watching animated things and animations that people online have done have always inspired me to either draw or want to animate my own characters in a similar way. Overall, I think I was more focused on self improvement, even though the whole point of this was to create an animation that actually has some good, smooth flow between each frame.
To achieve my goal of creating an animation, I first had to get myself a drawing tablet, which I successfully did and worked on getting myself used to drawing with it, since it is a bit different than what I'm used to with pencil and paper. Next I had to find an animation program that would work for me and that I could actually figure out how to use, which out of the three that I had tried, only the one worked, even though it was the worst out of all three of my options. The one that worked for me might have been the one that isn't that is recommend to use, it's the one I'm using because I figured out pretty quickly how to use it to animate, since it is pretty basic and most people would probably not be able to create something really well with it, but I'd say I was pretty successful on my end.
What I've learned from all of this is that if you're passionate about learning how to do something, you should just do it, and if you enjoy learning how to do it and doing it, then you should go ahead and do it and have it as one of your skills. If I had the chance to do this project again, I would have spent a lot less time practicing drawing digitally and I would have focused way more on the actual animation, which would probably give me a longer animation than the one that I get outta this. After this is over, I'm going to continue in teaching myself how to animate and hopefully improve on my skills that I have gotten by doing this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment